API Key Required
Check Authentication for more details
Checkout the /votes API Reference in the left panel
Example - Voting Images Up or Down
- A Random Image is loaded via https://api.thecatapi.com/v1/images/search
- The User can press either "Vote UP " or “Vote Down”
- This sends a POST request to https://api.thecatapi.com/v1/votes with a JSON object in the body
- This body contains the “image_id”, and “value”:1 or “value”:0 - to vote up or down
- The body can also contain a “sub_id” - which is a custom value you can use to identify your users.
Bonus The Vote history for your account is then loaded via GET https://api.thecatapi.com/v1/votes.