- All Images are available via GET https://api.thecatapi.com/images/search
- You can use Query Parameters to filter by File type, Category & Breed.
- Full List of available parameters in the /images API Reference in the left menu
Pagination & Ordering
The results of /images/search or /images routes can be paginated through, using the limit and page query parameters.
- limit is the amount of images to return
- page is the results page to return, 0 is the first.
NOTE: Pagination can only be performed when the order query parameter is Desc or Asc - Not the default Rand
The total amount of Images available that match the query is returned as the Pagination-Count header
- This Example requests https://api.thecatapi.com/v1/images/search?limit=3&page=100&order=DESC
- This returns 3 images from page 100 of the entire collection, in Descending order
You can change the order, page or limit to see the result for yourself.
The full version of the Image object returned to the account owner via GET /images